Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Officer Harper Has Returned

I quit my job at US Cellular about an hour after my previous post. Without going into details, the situation with my co-worker and I being left in the store to deal with customers with the minimal training that we had... and the promise (lie) of step-by-step assistance being a phone call away should we need it turning out to be an illusion... it was time to go. Enough said. I'm sorry it had to happen that way.

I am now, for the time being, officially working only Friday and Saturday nights at the liquor store. Not a happy consequence for my employer J--... which is OK with me. Pleasing J-- remains quite low on my priority list at the moment.

My first shift back as a uniformed officer at the jail was last night. By the end of the evening, it felt like I had never left. I am so glad that I made the decision to return. Thank you Bill and Jason for planting the seed, and to Jimmy and Darrell and all the rest for making me feel welcomed. Thank you Brian for your understanding and encouraging support, even though I feel your trepidation. Playing with the numbers... I will make approximately the same amount of $ working 40 hours a week at this job that I have been making working 88 hours a week working 3 jobs. Did I mention that my health insurance premium is paid in full?

Yet another new alcohol related screaming red flag has arisen with Brian. I wish with all my might that I were brave and self-disclosing enough to blog openly and freely about these issues. Damnit, Brian and I can't even discuss these things between the two of us... so how can I discuss it with anyone else? I feel like a child smoothing over small indiscretions in order to 'keep the peace.' How unhealthy is that? "Tough Love" "co-dependence" and "enabling" are words that keep floating in and out of my thoughts.

1 comment:

Nay said...

jdansmom@gmail.com