Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's So Good To Be Happy Again

I've been busy!

Life at jail is fabulous. Crazy, I know. I would have never imagined myself JOYOUS about returning to that job. But I am. LOL, I love it! I've already had a few interesting moments...

A drunken beligerant hateful cursing older (50's) female DUI (along with multiple other violations) managed to hide her cigarette lighter in an unmentionable cavity prior to my initial pat-down search, and subsequently set a fire in the holding area while awaiting booking. She ended up with an aggravated arson charge added to her booking sheet. THAT was an interesting night!

Tuesday evening, my male partners decided to do a cell/pod search for contraband while the inmates were out of their pods for their meal. The C.O.'s found tobacco, homemade weapons, and a variety of other disallowed articles. The games began as our S.O.R.T. (special operations response team) responded, in full tactical gear, to lock down the offenders in question, one by one, some by force (whee fun!)... but most went compliantly. It was a stimulating evening! (And I used an entire brand new ink cartridge in my Zebra pen writing the reports.) I may have an opportunity to join the S.O.R.T. team myself soon.

It feels like I'm finally back home!

Danny and Johnny moved home last weekend. Life had gotten crazily out of control at Trinity's apartment where they were staying. Trinity turned out to be less than stable, and insanely jealous of him (even talking to ME on the phone was enough to send her into a jealous rage.) Monday was Danny's 21st birthday, so Sunday night we had a birthday cookout party for him. Brian's mom and step dad came, and my good friend Julie, her husband Thad and her kids Angel and Josh were there too. We had a great time, good food, and lots of free flowing alcohol. It's good to have my Johnny home. He is really Granny's boy, wanting to sit in my lap and be next to me all the time! Danny needs to start looking for a job soon, before Brian loses his patience. Brian might be able to put Danny to work with him on the job he's working. It would be entry level, but would still start out at a good wage. I've also suggested applying at the jail where I work. There are few jobs in our area advertised in the classified ads right now, but he does have to find a job soon.

Brian started last Thursday working for C----, the brother of M--- his former employer. They are working close to home, in Kansas City (100 miles north), and he is home every night. Midway through his first day, he was told his wage would be $25/hr., so we are pleased with the potential financial recovery that can happen with this job. With us both having stable employment and good wages, perhaps the financial crisis can be resolved. I am amazingly good with managing money, as long as I have some money to manage!

It's so good to be happy again. I feel a thousand percent better.

1 comment:

Nay said...

"I am amazingly good with managing money, as long as I have some money to manage!"

Love that statement -- and glad things are looking up -- you've been in my thoughts --

Your Kentucky friend,
Nay