Monday, April 30, 2007

Hi Nay!

Alright, now I've gone and done it. I shared this blog address with someone who I'm sure will actually be coming around checkin' on me. So if I don't keep current, she'll surely call me on my slothful ways.

Actually that sounds like a good thing. I am wound up pretty tight, and this blog WAS intended as a way to de-stress and decompress.

My new job is amazing. And I am so scared! We are in week 4 of training, and found out yesterday a rather disconcerting 'News Flash'. Due to a desparate corporate need, we will not be left to sit idly by in the training room viewing Power Point presentations on the intricacies of health insurance implementation and taking tests on Dean Vaughn medical terminology for 2 more months as planned. NO! There seems to be an immediate need for trained customer service representatives (us??) to take the simplest of all calls... provider inquiries into member benefits and eligibility. Sooooooooo... in a week, we are going to be thrown to the wolves... I mean tossed onto the call center floor to take these calls for a month. (Then we will be returning to 'class' to learn s'more stuff.) I am of the personality type that TOTALLYFREAKINGPANICS when I am faced with doing something that I've not done before. We've learned to (somewhat) navigate something like 16 computer programs thus far; programs that will provide us the information that we seek IF we indeed ask the program properly. Most are DOS based programs, which I have NO previous experience with. Ugly hateful little programs, I say. Programs that lock up and refuse to respond if the query isn't posed in exactly the fashion that they prefer. Control lines and... grrrrrr. In all actuality, I am doing fabulously in training, mastering each new skill well. I have a 98.something average on all of my skill tests. It's just the fear of not being able to intergrate ALL OF THOSE SOURCES of information on the spot (LIVE on the damn phone no less!) to give the right answer to the questions asked. Sigh. Compounding my fear is my total lack of previous knowledge of health insurance. Even the simplest terminology has been new to me, and I feel quite overloaded with new language. Who knew the difference between an HMO and a PPO? It's gonna be a long week.

Danny got his truck back last week. It only cost... well my Mastercard is $6 from max. I don't wanna talk about it.

Brian is back in Illinois working. I thought we had agreed that he wasn't going back on the road with this company. There have been major money issues (not being paid, not getting per diem, not being RESPECTED) for awhile. Aparantly The Boss made some large promises to Brian, convincing him to at least go back for the completion of this particular job. And, of course, the problems had re-emerged within 24 hours. Frustration with financial crap problems that shouldn't even exist. Frustration with having my dear husband hundreds of miles away from me. Grrrr.

I think I'm getting sick... coughing, fever. Damnit. I soooo don't have time to be sick!!!!

1 comment:

Nay said...

Hey!!

You guessed it -- it's me.

Keep your chin up. At least you aren't pregnant. Me either -- thank goodness, but seems every time I start a new job, I end up pregnant. So, I'll just stay where I am, cause surely that must be what causes it.

You're gonna do a great job.

Nay