Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Where Did "Pragmatic Logical Dana" Go? (let's hope she doesn't come home and see what I've done...)

Last weekend my husband was home. When he's here, we always find a time to 'get away from it all' by going for a long quiet ride in the country, just the two of us (sometimes even stealing into a farm pond or two). It's become sort of our tradition. So, on Sunday, we set out together to find some peace and solitude and enjoy the newly green spring.

Of course, all roads eventually lead to car dealerships, so (as per custom) Brian swung into one of the local used car lots. He was immediately drawn to a very large and handsome, very RED extended cab 2000 Silverado. It was truly exactly the thing he'd been looking for. His love for our 1994 (very handsome, very red) Silverado is undying, but his NEED for a bigger, newer, more mechanically reliable truck for work (one that he can take across the country with a crew in the back seat, with a full sized bed for hauling work stuff), is quite real. He touched and caressed the truck. He wanted it so badly. I took cell phone pictures of him posing with the object of his desire. LOL, it was crazy!

Next, he drove into the local BIG car dealership, just to see what their offering of potential work trucks might be. I immediatly saw a sweet little (I do mean LITTLE) 2 seater green convertable that made my heart skip a beat. Now, you know I'm not usually much into cars. It's just not my thing. But it was just so damn cute. It looked like a little green dragon sitting there. I touched and caressed the dragon. I wanted the car! See, I'm older than dirt. My hair's turning white. I have 8 adorable grandkids, most of which think I make a fine taxi driver. Seemed like a perfect car for me! We went back twice that afternoon, just for me to touch it again. (And we went back to touch the truck twice, too!) We decided that we would both go talk to the respective dealerships Monday morning, just to see what would happen.

It was an interesting and busy Monday morning. Brian was going to have to leave at noon to head back to a job in Illinois. To make a long story short, he was not successful in his inquiry, and left town without a new truck. I, on the other hand, was persistant, drove a hard bargain, and convinced the dealership that I really needed the dragon... er, I mean car. By mid afternoon they had upped the trade in offer on my Hyundai by another $1000, answered all of my questions satisfactorily, and I drove home in this

(scroll down just a bit...)

















Darling, isn't it!? I've had such great fun... as you can imagine! Hair blowing in the wind, bugs in my teeth, it's so cool! I went to Branson on Wednesday to visit Mariah and show her my new toy. We drove around in style with the top down, having a blast!

And when I came home and the old truck was sitting there, I felt sooooo guilty. How unfair that I should get my cute little dream car (read: midlife crisis car), and my loving husband didn't get his much NEEDED work truck. Guilt guilt guilt. What's a girl to do? (scroll down a bit more...)











I'll tell ya what. I went to the bank on Thursday and asked for a loan... and bought Brian his New Big Red Sexy Truck.


Sweet, huh? I love my husband so much. He'll be home in a few more days, and we'll go for a long quiet drive in the country. Maybe even steal into a farm pond or two. I really have fishing fever now!

No comments: