Thursday, March 15, 2007

I GOT THE JOB ! ! !

After waiting for 6 loooooong days since my third interview, I just got the call...

I GOT THE JOB!

3 interviews last week. One quite intense (or so I thought) telephone interview on Wednesday. Then a 'skills competency' testing battery (actually 3 separate tests) on Thursday, which comprised of 1) typing paragraphs, 2) typing series of numbers in columns, and 3) an IQ test type series of mathmatical word questions that had to be answered using a calculator and a collection of charts, graphs, and other data provided. Lastly, on Friday, a face to face interview with a department supervisor and a senior HR staffer. That one lasted nearly an hour and a half, and was totally "describe to us an example of a time when..." questions. I re-evaluated my previous definition of an 'intense' interview after that one.

So at the end of the day Friday, I felt really really positive about how it all had gone. I thought I had spoken well and with intelligence and appropriate humor. I knew that I had done very well on the skills tests. I knew I had the job!

Then days went by waiting for the weekend to end, so the new work-week could bring me an answer. Then more days went by. Every hour of every day my energy waned, and by yesterday I was picking apart my interview answers and doubting my presentation. Last night I couldn't even sleep. I was sure I had blown it.

Then at 5:45 pm (by that late hour I had already given up on a call today) Human Resources called me with "GOOD NEWS, Dana!" and extended an offer of employment! Tomorrow I will go in to sign the offer acceptance paperwork and other documents, and go do my drug testing.

I'm so excited!!!! This job is truly the answer to many issues that I have been struggling with. WOW!

No comments: